Get Started on your Kol Hamevaser article for the upcoming issue:
Tanakh in the 21st Century: Looking Back, Looking Ahead
As always, original topics are welcomed, but if you need help thinking of ideas here are a few:
- The place of Yirat Shamayim in Biblical Studies
- Talmudic Tanakh – Hazal’s varying approaches to the study of Tanakh
- Maaseh Avot Siman La’banim – How Tanakh is meant to be Edifying
- Analyzing the Purpose and History of Parshat Ha’Shavuah
- The “Failure” of the Haftarah
- “Iyun Ba’Tanach” – Can it Exist?
- Historical Approaches to Tanakh
- Conservation of names in Tanakh
- Role of female characters in Tanakh
- Divine intervention- Do the characters in Tanakh really have free will?
- Clashes in Values- When stories in Tanach disagree with contemporary morals?
- Dealing with ambiguities in Tanakh
- In depth analysis/close reading of any particular passage/story with a focus on methodology used to analyze the passage/story
- Censorship in Tanakh- Yehudah and Tamar is it okay to skip passages when teaching?
- Survey/Interview of famous Mefarshei Tanakh, from Rabbi Akiva, to the Malbim, to Rav Breur etc.
Article Due Date is April 16th