November 2014: “Judaism and Other Religions”
Submissions are due by November 23. Possible article suggestions include:
- Article on how Judaism has related to other religion over the the course of history: has the form of interaction and discourse changed?
- How much do you know about Christian and Islamic Theology? Similarities and differences between the “Big 3” religions?
- Eastern religions and their contribution to contemporary Judaism
- “She-hem mishtahavim la-hevel va-rik” – Is it really that bad?
- Another Look at the Rav’s seminal piece “Confrontation”
- Interfaith at YU?! Should we go out of our way to interact with member of other faiths?
- Does studying other religions help one appreciate and understand one’s own religion?
- Stories of censorship in the Talmud and on…
- May one walk into the Cloisters? Entering other places of religious worship
- Analyzing the Bible as it’s used by various faiths. How do other faith read akedat Yitshak, Yeshayahu chapter 53 etc.
- She-lo asani goy? Is this meant to be read as a disparaging statement?
- Inviting non-Jews for Shabbat/Hagim
- Hatzolah ambulance, saving the lives of non-Jews on Shabbat
- Mishum eivah/Mi-penei darkhei shalom
- Kiruv on non-Jews? Should we be promoting the sheva mitzvot Benei Noah?
As always, please contact us at email@example.com with any questions. The editors will be glad to help you work on an article idea.