The Long-awaited issue on Derekh Ha-Limmud & Talmud Torah is finally out! Below are all the articles from the issue. You can also view the full PDF here.
- Derekh ha-Limmud: The Means, Modes, and Methodologies of Jewish Learning
– Editor’s introduction with an overview of the articles.
- Can Retson Hashem matter in Lomdus?: Mitsvah ha-Ba’ah ba-Aveirah and the Limitations of Formalism
-R. Klapper’s analysis of Mitsvah ha-Ba’ah ba-Aveirah demonstrates the
potential shortcomings of extreme legalism.
- Brisk and Telz
– R. Berger explores the problems of removing philosophy from legal
- To Understand and to Comprehend: The Study of Talmud From Joshua to the Present
– Why was the Oral Torah not meant to be written down? How was the nature of
Talmud study viewed throughout history? Read this article to find out.
- Who’s in Charge of Understanding the Mishnah?
– A discussion of when the Gemara’s interpretation of the Mishnah is
- An Interview with Rabbi Moshe Kahn
- Interview with Rabbi Eli Baruch Shulman
- Torat Hesed and Torat Hayyim: Learning Torah as a Living Document
- Talmud Torah al Levavenu: Learning Transformatively
- Why Chicken Scratch on Stone, Clay, and Pots Matters: A Case Study in Amos and Archeology
- Yivhar E-lohim Hiddushim
- Theodicy in Tanakh – A Practical Lesson in Knowledge of God
- Why Doesn’t Halakhic Man learn Aggadah?
- On Things, Theseus and Tum’ah: Metaphysical Underpinnings in the Talmud
- Rock the Vote: Jews, Politics, and Tikkun Olam
- Letter to the Editor. Response from Writer.