The latest issue of Kol Hamevaser, “Judaism in America” has been published! The full issue is available in PDF format here, the individual articles are available below, and open to comments.
Continue reading to see articles in this issue:
- The ArtScroll Revolution Examined: Religious Print Culture in the Information Age BY: Shlomo Zuckier.
- The Limits of Orthodox Sociology BY: Yitzchak Ratner.
- Submitting to Divine Religious Authority in a World of Personal Autonomy: The Challenge of Choice BY: Jacob J. Schacter.
- An Interview with Rabbi Dr. Moshe D. Tendler BY: Shaul Seidler-Feller.
- Jewish Thought, Philosophy, and the Efficient Slaying of Multiple Birds BY: Alex Ozar.
- The Limits of Learning Without Any: Reflections on Limmud 2010 by Two Orthodox YU Students BY: David Marks and Nathaniel Jaret.
- Was Herzl the Messiah? Thoughts on American Zionism Today BY: Ayelet Mael.
- In Search of Liberty: An Important Interaction of Hazal’s Values and Mankind’s Unalienable Rights BY: Chesky Kopel.
- Enemies of the Synagogue?: Seeing Beyond the Symptom BY: Ori Kanefsky.
- Confidentiality in American Law and Halakhah BY: Chaya Citrin.
- Ve-Taher Libbenu le-Ovdekha be-Emet: Appreciating a True Posheter Yid BY: Shlomo Zuckier.
- Mah Nnavu al he-Harim Raglei Mevasser: Reflections on Two Years with Kol Hamevaser BY: Shaul Seidler-Feller.
- Rav Soloveitchik’s “A Yid iz Geglichn tzu a Seyfer Toyre” prepared by Shaul Seidler-Feller